February 10th, 2014 / by Andrew Shusterman
Managing Your Pinterest Account
According to Shareholic, Pinterest is second only to Facebook when it comes to driving referral traffic. Pam Dyer of SocialMediaToday.com points out that “The lifespan of a pin is the longest of any social media post, which is why it’s important to manage your Pinterest account to your best advantage.” Pam recently wrote a great article which points out how easy it is to manage your account on a daily basis with a minimal investment of time. The infographic below demonstrates how you only need to spend 10 minutes per day managing your account to achieve maximum/desired engagement.
BUT, before you can manage an account, it’s important to do the following:
1. Set goals: For example, Increase following by 10% in 2 months.
2. Find your most popular boards and pins.
3. Subscribe to useful content.
4. Save articles and images you like.
5. Pin when it’s most effective, which is between the hours of 2-4PM and between 8PM – 1AM. And remember, Pinterest lets you schedule pins.